As a child he attended classes with Beatrice, and young V.F.D. members. Bertrand was one of the volunteers who trained the volunteer feline detectives, possibly took part in the murder of Olaf's parents and was friends with Dewey Denouement. As an apprentice in V.F.D., Bertrand trained under S. Theodora Markson before Lemony Snicket.
At some point before he perished in the fire that destroyed his home, Bertrand made salad at least once in his life. After seeing page thirteen of the Snicket File the Baudelaire children thought he may still be alive, but later changed this opinion when they decided that the "survivor of the fire" was Quigley Quagmire.
- Shouldn't You Be in School? (mentioned only)
- The Dismal Dinner (mentioned only)
- The Bad Beginning (mentioned only; supposed death)
- ↑ PROSE: Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography
- ↑ PROSE: The Bad Beginning: Rare Edition
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 PROSE: The Penultimate Peril
- ↑ PROSE: Shouldn't You Be in School?
- ↑ PROSE: The Ersatz Elevator
- ↑ Bertrand's first cousin-once-removed-in-law, or the Baudelaires' second cousin's wife, is the sister of Josephine Anwhistle and is how she is related to them.
- ↑ Mr Poe states that Olaf is not the Baudelaire's closest remaining relative in terms of their family tree, but by location (He's either their "third cousin four times removed" or their "fourth cousin three times removed") meaning Betrand's family may or may not be deceased; the only reason they would not have become the Baudelaires' guardians, as they are the next of kin to Bertrand, I'd because the will requested the children to be raised in the most convenient way possible. Do they went to live with the closest (by location) relative