In The Carnivorous Carnival, Olivia Caliban mentions that before seeking to steal the Baudelaire and Quagmire fortunes, Count Olaf sought to steal the Snicket fortune; and in The Hostile Hospital, reference is made to the "Snicket fires". Since both the Baudelaire and Quagmire parents were killed by arsonists in their respective mansions, Jacob and his wife may have died in a parallel fire to Snicket mansion.
In The Hostile Hospital, Lemony likens the "mournful melody" of a pipe organ sonata played in the Cathedral of the Alleged Virgin to a soothing tune Jacob used to sing while dishwashing. Jacob and his wife are described as wealthy, living in a mansion and having enough means to buy silver cribs and silk diapers (though Snicket expressly states they would "never have indulged" in such spending). Jacob is described as having worried when Jacques, Kit, and Lemony were abducted by V.F.D. to be initiated as neophytes.
Known as both Jake and E, Jacob married an unnamed wife.
- The Hostile Hospital (Mentioned only)
- Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography (Mentioned only)
- ↑ Lemony says in Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography that he has a long-time bridge partner
- ↑ PROSE: Lemony Snicket: The Unauthorized Autobiography
- ↑ He was known as 'Jake' to his bridge partner, but the family tree lists him as 'E' and Lemony states that he was known by another name to his bridge partner, implying both were used.