Jacquelyn Scieszka (possibly)
Secretary V.F.D. volunteer
- "Your parents had a vigorously fixed destination in mind for you."
- —Jacquelyn to the Baudelaire children
Jacquelyn is an original character in A Series of Unfortunate Events (TV series) portrayed by Sara Canning.
Jacquelyn is a brave and honorable member of V.F.D., who will stop at nothing to ensure that justice prevails. She is also bold and resourceful when it comes to defending her organization.
She briefly meets them outside Montgomery Montgomery's house and informs them that they are to move in with Aunt Josephine as per their parent's wishes. She returns to Klaus half of a V.F.D. Spyglass after the Baudelaires arrive at Prufrock Preparatory School, which Count Olaf had stolen from them earlier. She then attempts to capture Count Olaf aboard the Prospero, threatening him with a harpoon gun, but he evades capture.
A character with a similar name, Jacqueline Scieszka, is credited as providing subtitles for Zombies in the Snow. This may allude to Jacquelyn, given her affiliation with Gustav, or it may be a red herring. This is confirmed further when the name is seen spelt instead with a 'y' on a poster for Zombies in the Snow. Jacquelyn appears as an actor in the film, playing Gerta. This means Jacquelyn may be another J.S.
- Mr. Poe states that she was highly recommended by the Baudelaire parents to be his secretary.
- Jacquelyn is one of the few characters in the television series that never makes a direct appearance in the books, alongside the Quagmire parents.
- Unlike the Quagmire parents however, Jacquelyn is never even mentioned indirectly, although she is possibly one of the many in-book characters to feature under the initials of 'J.S.'